Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"With Apologies..."

Howdy kids! Welcome to my first blog post! I promise all other posts will be shorter than this one, but since it is an introductory post, I thought I'd be thorough so you can decide whether you'd like to follow this blog.



A little about me and then I'll explain the name of my blog. I'm a disciple of Christ, husband to an amazing woman (who is rolling her eyes right now), father of three beautiful (inside and outside) kiddos, a son to dedicated and supportive parents, a brother to six siblings, a future (coming soon) church planter (in the Reynoldsburg/Pataskala, Ohio area), a business man (gotta have a job), and magician (my hobby and slight (or is it sleight?) addiction).

I'm only just beginning my journey into sharing my life and thoughts through social media outlets (to follow me, just choose one: Facebook or Twitter) or through this new blog. So please have a little patience with me as I try to work out all the bugs and learn how to do this. I welcome any and all comments on anything I post and I promise to post as often as possible - even if it is just a great quote or nugget of wisdom. My goal is to help you by sharing whatever I'm doing (prayer, study, family, church, ministry, and life in general) and what I've learned through it.

Now on to explaining the blog name thing as it relates to you, the reader - "With Apologies...". It's simple why I chose the name. I apologize in conversation. A lot. Not because I'm actually sorry or regret an action, but because I'm a people pleaser and I seek approval. I want to be accepted as a fellow human. So I apologize for things I am not actually responsible for to make you feel better about accepting them.

Despite my "people pleasingness ways", I will probably share thoughts or things in a way that you as a reader may not like. Such as:
  •  I'm wordy. I write like I talk. And I talk like I think - which is all over the place. It can be crazy at times, but stick with me and I'll get to my point. I apologize if this makes me difficult to read.
  • I'm honest. I'll tell you exactly what I think about things based on truths and a Biblical view. At times, this may challenge you. It may test what you believe. It may push you to grow in areas you are uncomfortable. I apologize if you aren't comfortable with challenges in your world.
  • I'm not afraid to share the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation. The Word of God (The Holy Bible) says that people will be offended by the Gospel. I am willing to risk your offense, because the Word also says that people will not hear the Gospel without someone to share it. So I will share it, not to upset you, but in the hope that you will come to know the gracious and accepting love of the Father. There are things in the Bible that are hard to hear and to accept. I acknowledge that. We don't always understand God, but He is bigger, wiser, and more powerful than anything we can imagine. Isn't it quite possible that our logic, that place we try to fit Him into to understand Him, is much too small and limited to declare that He is wrong and the Bible untrue? There I go again... I apologize for getting off topic and if the truth that God loves you offends you.
  •  I'm growing. I will not always be accurate. I will not always have the answers. I will not always do what is right. I will fail at times. However, I promise to share with you when I grow. I will try to be accurate in my statements. I will look for needed answers. I will set my face like flint and press towards always doing what is right. I will commit to success. But I'm not perfect. Jesus is the only human who lived a perfect life, and I follow Him. I am not Him (not that you didn't already know that - that was more so you know that I know). I apologize in advance for my imperfections.
Because of these things, I offer my apologies. But I am only offering it this once. From here on out, everything I share needs to come with the understanding that I didn't create truth or life. I'm living it just like you.

So that is why I'm calling my blog "With Apologies...", because I am sorry if you're not happy with anything I post. I truly am. But I'm not going to let that stop me from posting. If one person comes to Life Change through Christ, inspiration, truth, or some other fourth thing, then its worth the time it takes to blog.

I hope you enjoy my posts and I look forward to sharing with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment